Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Creating a Timeline and Vaccines

I have been completing initial paperwork for our upcoming CEASE therapy consultation. They ask a lot of detailed questions on these forms and they want to know what vaccines were given and the responses he had to those vaccines. I had a hard time remembering everything Noah has received so I ordered his entire medical record. I created a timeline detailing vaccines and sicknesses/symptoms over the course of the last 20 months.

What the timeline revealed sickened me completely. I have always questioned what exactly caused Noah's autism but was never 100% sure that vaccines were the culprit. He did not have a severe reaction to any vaccine he was given....However, after viewing the timeline it is hard to think that they did not have a direct impact on his current condition.

The timeline showed that in a 9 month period he received 14 vaccinations. At about 6 months he broke out in eczema. After receiving all of the vaccines, including the flu shot he became sick over and over and over with recurrent ear infections (4 to be exact) and he was treated then with 5 rounds of antibiotics. Looking back at pictures, we feel certain that things began to go downhill at this point (9 to 12 months- immediately after these vaccines were given). He stopped smiling at the camera, started zoning out, not giving good eye contact.... it was gradual enough that we didn't even see it... didn't even connect it to anything. The timeline has revealed some connection. It may not be the only reason but I think it is a huge factor.

So much heartache... so many regrets. Wish I could turn back the hands of time. If only I had known.... You trust that your doctor is doing the right thing- I can't trust anymore. I will be forever paranoid... I will question everything.

~~~Lord, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment