Sunday, April 21, 2013

Week 6 CEASE Therapy- Verbal Imitation, Two Word Phrases and Vocal Stimming

Noah received another dose of Hep B 30 C on Thursday and his remedy Pulsatilla on Saturday.

We have not seen any major negative symptoms (so far) other than occasional ear pain and we have noticed vocal stimming this week (making a noise over and over and over "da, da, da, da, da"). He used to do this around 16-19 months old, so it has returned... hopefully not for long. He has also had dark under eye circles this week too.

The improvements we have seen have been WONDERFUL! All of his therapists are reporting good things- they are noticing that he is changing. He is handling ABA much better and is eager to complete activities given to him. This weekend we have seen that Noah is verbally imitating with ease! This is NOT normal. It would take a ton of creativity to get Noah to imitate or say a word. He is trying to communicate with us more which is awesome. More signs, more requests AND we have also seen the beginning of two word phrases. He said "go dog" and "go bye." I am so thankful to the Lord that we are seeing healing and development. And I am so excited to see how the next clearing will go, and what great things Noah will do!

I will continue to post regular updates as we continue to treat Noah with CEASE therapy.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Week 5- CEASE Therapy, Puppy Luna and Return of Old Symptoms

It has been a very busy week and a half. Noah received another dose of Hep B last Wednesday and has responded with a double ear infection and just today we are noticing limping. We are definitely seeing a return of old sicknesses and symptoms these last 5 weeks of CEASE therapy. He had limping a week after his last set of vaccines at 15 months. I hate seeing the return of old symptoms. I have so much anxiety linked to the diagnosis of autism and all of the symptoms/behaviors that have manifested during this last 6 months. This has been rough. That is why I am so glad that I am also receiving treatment from Noah's homeopath. She is working with me on anxiety, grief and hormonal imbalance issues. I have already taken my first remedy. I look forward to see how the treatment goes and how it will help me. I need all the help I can get!

This past weekend we had family from Indiana come down and bring our sweet little puppy Luna. It was such a nice time, spending the weekend with family and getting acquainted with the puppy. We decided to get Luna on a recommendation from Noah's therapists. Specifically for socialization right now. Noah responded the way I thought he would respond- with not much of a reaction. That is okay though. They will learn to be great friends one day!

We may end up delaying Noah's next dose of Hep B 30c until he begins to feel better. I will continue to post updates as we treat Noah with CEASE therapy.

Friday, April 5, 2013

Taking a Break

Our homeopath decided that it is best that we give Noah a break this week and delay the next dosing of Hep B until next Wednesday. He is almost back to normal but he is still having a small bit of uncommon stimming behaviors and he is staying awake throughout the entire night, just like he did when he was a small baby. He wakes up every single hour crying and will not go back to sleep until he gets a bottle. He hasn't done this since he was 11-12 months old. I hope this passes quickly because it is wearing this mother down!

Our weekend is going to be busy. Gymboree class in the morning (the owner has decided to move Noah up to the next class!), a 2pm meeting with a service coordinator for the EDCD waiver (we will learn how many hours of help we qualify for) and I also plan to do a deep cleaning/organizing of the house in preparation for the newest member of the family- puppy Luna who arrives next weekend (so exciting!).

As always, I will continue to post updates on Noah as we continue CEASE therapy.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Week 4 CEASE Therapy- Not for the Faint of Heart

Wow! This past week was a doozy. We gave Noah his first dose of Hep B 30c on Thursday. By Saturday we were seeing a lot of emotional reactions-- crying, high pitch screaming.... just overly sensitive to everything. Noah is normally very easy going and laid back so this was not normal for him. A few times I also noticed that he would hold his breath and shake like he was very angry. We also saw an increase in stimming behaviors. We saw facial tics and weakness in his legs also this week. These are things we have not seen in many months.

I knew that this was a possibility, but man, did my anxiety shoot through the roof! No one wants to see their child go through this, much less show signs of days past and regressive behaviors. Our homeopath reassured me that this was a good sign. A sign that the toxins are coming to the surface. She reminded me that it gets worse before it gets better. I gave Noah a few epsom salt baths and we prayed ALOT. By Tuesday he was almost back to normal and in a fantastic mood. He was very verbal on Tuesday which was nice to see. We have delayed this weeks dose of Hep B so he can fully recover. We will give him another dose of 30c this week.

I will continue to give updates each week as we continue on our journey of healing our son!