I am no expert on CEASE therapy, but over the last 3-4 months I have learned some things that I thought may benefit those who are either considering CEASE or just starting:
1) The earlier the better (this is true for any therapy/intervention)... so start ASAP. In my study of CEASE therapy I have learned that the earlier a child begins the greater the chances of recovery.
2) Take time to really research the child's medical record. I ordered Noah's entire medical record and created a timeline of events. Putting vaccination and illnesses and medications given on the timeline. What I realized from doing this is that even though Noah didn't have a severe reaction to any vaccination there were definite symptoms/illnesses shortly after the administration of certain shots. This info will not only give you more insight into what occurred, it also gives your homeopath important info as to where you should begin with clearings. For Noah, we learned there were reactions every single time we gave him a Hep B vaccination. They came over the course of 2 weeks and were so subtle that we never connected them to anything.
3) Find a homeopath that is certified in CEASE and who has proper training. If you are going to do this therapy make sure the person you choose is qualified! Our homeopath is a Certified Classical Homeopath with her certification in CEASE therapy. She is awesome and she is always available via email in case anything pops up during the week. This is very important as well.
4) The more info you have on possible toxin exposure the better. Ultimately, for CEASE to work you need to know as much about what your child has been exposed to- this can be vaccinations, medications, over the counter products, chemicals in your drinking water, etc. This could also be exposure to the child during pregnancy (ultrasounds, medications the mother was on during pregnancy). For more info, get the book "Autism Beyond Despair" by Tinus Smits. I have read this book 4 times and is invaluable as you start your journey with CEASE therapy.
5) Communicate, communicate, communicate- You need to make sure you keep the lines of communication open with your homeopath. She needs to know what is going on with your child (good and bad) so she can take the best course of action. You are the homeopath's "eyes and ears."
6) Keep a close eye on your child during detox- symptoms and gains can be subtle. You might not always see huge reactions to a detox. It could be some irritability, a rash or insomnia.... or it could be a cold, fever or vomiting. It is very important just to be very alert to any changes. Same goes for the gains--- these can be subtle as well. For instance, this week, with this recent dosage, I have noticed that Noah is understanding more of what we are communicating... this could easily be missed but I am keeping a very close eye on him.
7) Be prepared for the return of old symptoms and be prepared for your reaction to them! This was probably the most difficult thing I have had to deal with so far. I have had a lot of anxiety linked to Noah's diagnosis and to the symptoms we have seen with him. It was very difficult for me to see old symptoms return (hand flapping, facial tics, difficult walking, shaking of his head). If you are prepared ahead of time it will make it easier to deal with!
8) Give it enough time- It can take time for the homeopath to prescribe the right remedy, or it may take 5 different clearings before you get to the one that matters! Have patience with the process. You may not see immediate results. Commit 6 months to a year before you move on. For Noah, we have been extremely blessed to have already had success with our first clearing.
9) Allow the child's body (immune system) to deal with the clearing- don't run to the doctor or pain reliever/medication right away. Medications can suppress the immune system from doing what it needs to do. Many conditions can be treated successfully with homeopathy. Your homeopath can direct you as to what you can do to help your child deal with the reaction to the clearing. I have actually found that the remedies and cell salts have had better results than the typical medications I would have given anyways. Some helpful things we have kept on hand for Noah have been the 12 Cell salts, Calendula cream, epsom salt (for baths), Bach Rescue Remedy for Children, and Hyland's earache tablets.