Monday, February 4, 2013

Hard Day

In the midst of much good news, much progress with Noah, I was told today that Noah's insurance does not have an autism benefit. The health insurance company misinformed me of this a few weeks ago.

This was pretty upsetting to find out. We just want to help Noah. We want him to have the very best chance at a normal, decent life. And his insurance does not cover autism?!!! It is a neurological disability and insurance won't help us????!!!! This makes me livid.

So, now this is where my faith gets tested again. I have to have faith that God is going to provide. I have to trust Him when I don't know how this is going to play out. I have to know that He is a good God and that He has good things in store for our little boy.  I am praying for a miracle. I am praying for financial help to handle this enormous cost of therapy---- I am praying that the EDCD Medicaid waiver gets approved for Noah.

Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not yet seen"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Noah has had a few breakthroughs lately:

He is starting to use his pointer finger almost independently- whoooohoo!

He is saying a few new words, trying to imitate things we are doing

He is a champ at doing puzzles now and stacking blocks

He is starting to do gestures to songs that we sing- like "head, shoulders, knees and toes"

I am truly thankful for this recent progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment